I am so happy you found me along your journey. I have put together a few ‘landmarks’ I would like to share with you; my hope is that these will help to ground you, and find your place within the Counting Butterflies’ Village.
- Counting Butterflies was founded in 2012 by Michelle Brans. Her vision connects us all in our hope of a resilient community connected to one another; this guides our mission to nurture the transformation and resilience of children, youth, and families, by fostering a deep connection to one’s self, others, and the natural world around them.
- Michelle has gathered a vibrant community of Wellness Professionals, and offers you their collective-wisdom in the Counting Butterflies’ Blogging Community … or as she refers to it “our space around the village campfire to share wisdom through heart-centered stories”; This is where the Counting Butterflies Wellness Tribe gathers with you, our village, to share stories and research.
- My role within the Counting Butterflies’ Wellness Tribe is Senior Lead Therapist in our Downtown Milton location. I am honoured to provide support and therapy within my community. My Milton location serves families in the Greater Toronto Area: Milton, Burlington, Oakville, Cambridge, Mississauga, Brampton, Guelph.
- My support services include Individual Therapy, Couples/Parent Therapy, & Family Therapy.
Here are my areas of expertise:
- Navigating Children and Families through Separation & Divorce
- Play-Based & Experiential Therapy for Children
- Therapy & Support for Social and Emotional Challenges (including Anxiety, Depression, Oppositional Behaviour, OCD, School Refusal)
- Navigating Childhood & Parent Life Transitions